cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I go online for a mortgage lender?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I go online for a mortgage lender?

Is it a good or a bad thing to apply for a mortgage loan on line?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Should I go online for a mortgage lender?

I am sure that you can apply online if you would like.  Many here (even the experts here) I am sure get lots of business that way.  My fears would be about how reputable they are or would be or if they would be able to be less above board because you don't have face to face contact. (hopefully the experts here understand what I am saying.  Some brokers are honest, some are not and on the internet, may not always be able to tell.)

I would just "let the buyer beware"  and recognize a snow job when you sense it.

GL  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were advised against it because of data mining. Once your info is out there, it's out there Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

no!!!

ask friends/relatives/coworkers/ect

even your realtor.

you will get the same deal....

remember eloan? "we take your loan online, and that costs less, and you save money" ?!?!?! remember that?

it was a lie. it costs MORE for all of the online security. and who do you think pays for all of those national ads?.

trust me... i know the costs.,...

local or not doesnt matter..... get someone who is responsive, knowledgable and makes you feel comfortable.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

to add:

you might get a good deal and smooth closing. some of those loan officers are pretty good.

but when they get real good, they leave the online deal for better commission splits with referral based lending outfits.

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.