Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I go see the lender now?

tag
stillworking
New Contributor

Should I go see the lender now?

I recently seen a fannie mae property that is 203k eligible and is in its first look period.  My credit has gone up dramatically- mid 600's and I was unsure if I should wait until some of my disputes are resolved with the credit agencies or talk with a lender now? Any advice would  be much appreciated.

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: FICO EQ 790, TU 696, EX 683
Goal Score:
700+ across the board

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I go see the lender now?

If you go to a lender now, they are going to tell you that you will need to have those dispute comments removed from you credit reports.
It is possible that your credit score will drop once the disputes are removed.

With that said, you should speak to a lender about your situation, provide them with a copy of your report, and ask what steps you should take. But, do NOT let them pull your scores unless you are ready to move forward.

Good luck!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 8
stillworking
New Contributor

One is a recent collection in 2013, so my score can go no where but up. I didnt know if there was a "magic number" that people will have before they see a lender.  Thanks for your help, I am going to talk to a lender in the next few days.  But no pulling the score.

Goal Score:
700+ across the board

Message 3 of 8
primeonetx

The score is not reflecting accurately with the disputes on there.  Once you remove the disputes or get them resolved, then have your chosen lender pull credit.  Providing a report is not of any value because a consumer report is often as much as 50 points higher than that of a mortgage lender due to using different analytics.

Scott Drescher

Message 4 of 8
stillworking
New Contributor

My scores were BEFORE the dispute process started; with the two baddies on it. 

Goal Score:
700+ across the board

Message 5 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

help everyone out.... wait for disputes to resolve.

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 8
stillworking
New Contributor

That is the general idea. Trying to get the best rates while not torturing the loan officer/lender.  All three CRA's said they have up to 30 days, but disputes are corrected by the end of each month.

Goal Score:
700+ across the board

Message 7 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@stillworking wrote:

That is the general idea. Trying to get the best rates while not torturing the loan officer/lender.  All three CRA's said they have up to 30 days, but disputes are corrected by the end of each month.

look..... most loan officers will vapor lock on this.
they go bug eyed on disputes.

pick a good one.

Retired Lender
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.