cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I have lender pull my credit now ?

tag
smiths38
Regular Contributor

Should I have lender pull my credit now ?

I have been rebuilding my credit after a 2009 chapter 7 discharge.All I have left are some late payments which I am disputing  with Experian.I don't know where my actual scores are at the moment.I have an HH Gregg card with a $2500 limit,JCP and Walmart both  with $500 limits and all three with 0 balances.Mastercard with $600 limit and $250 balance and Visa with $1000 limit with $350 balance.I plan to apply for an FHA loan within 3-4 months.My question is should I let a lender pull my credit now to see where I am in case I need to make more improvements or should I roll the dice and wait until I'm ready to apply? I worry if my middle score is close to the requirement and the lender pulls my credit now and again when I apply,then this might drop my score too low.Any thoughts would be great appreciated.

Starting Score: 553(EQ) 572 (TU) 586(EX) (EQ Complete Advantage)
Current Score: 572
Goal Score: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I have lender pull my credit now ?

If it were me, I would pull right now and see where you are at. However I would wait till after your disputes have been finished.

Message 2 of 6
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

You can get your EQ fico from this site by signing up for the Score Watch free trial. I recommend that you pull your fico score from this site and post what it is. Going to any other site for a score will result in a FAKO score, which is a score not used by lenders.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 3 of 6
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

I agree with MovingFoward

Pull your Equifax here no INQ from lender. Also pull TU from here gives us a ballpark score and no INQ from lender.

If all looks good you may not have to wait a few months. Can just start the process.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 6
TnTNYC
Established Member

Are scores pulled from one of the three credit bureaus directly unreliable?

Starting Score: 707 (Experian); 702 (Equifax); 740 (TransUnion)
Current Score: 776 (Experian); 753 (Equifax); 780 (TransUnion) as of 09/11/2014
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Only FICO you can pull direct from the credit bureaus yourself is Equifax. But you will have to search around their website for FICO score.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.