Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I or Shouldn't I? Please Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I or Shouldn't I? Please Help!

I really need help determining if now is the proper time to obtain a mortgage. My annual gross salary is $35,500. The only debt  I currently have outstanding is a student loan, which is in deferment until December, for $215 monthly. I have approximately $10,000 dollars that can be applied towards a down-payment and my credit scores are as follows: Experian 658, Transunion 630, Equifax 661. I recently paid off all my credit card debt totaling about $4,000, which I hope will reflect in my August credit scores. I am looking to buy a home in RI for up to $125,000. I began full time work from an internship in January of this year, my employer was gracious enough to convert my internship time to years of service, which makes my current employment 1.5 years. Prior to that I worked in banking, so there is no lapse in employment. I am single with no dependents. I currently live with my parents, so there is no immediate reason to move, just a strong desire. Please advise.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Re: Should I or Shouldn't I? Please Help!

The numbers check out; FHA 3.5% downpayment would be your option.. pending credit report review though.. you should start meeting LOs and get pre-qualified/approved as you get comfortable with one.
Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@SonorityGenius wrote:
The numbers check out; FHA 3.5% downpayment would be your option.. pending credit report review though.. you should start meeting LOs and get pre-qualified/approved as you get comfortable with one.

agreed

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

my only question would be the job history.  Are you in banking now?  I believe they want 2 years in same industry if I understand it correctly.  So if you changed fields 18 months ago there is a chance that wold be a problem  It would probably depend on the overall strength of the file and if there are some compensating factors.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.