Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I or shouldn't I???

tag
RJA
Regular Contributor

Should I or shouldn't I???

I need a 640 in order to get past GUS for my pre-approval.  We're supposed to pull today credit today - and I desperately want to.   I have been waiting for 11 weeks now for this pre-approval.  I don't want to blow it again by rushing into pulling my credit early.

Lender pull: 5/7/13

TU 640, EX 636, EQ 621. 

MyFico:

TU 636 6/12/13         EX 658 6/13/13                 EQ 632 6/09/13

My LO uses Credit Plus and they pull the Residential Mortgage Credit Report.  Does anyone know what type of scoring model the Residential Mortgage Credit Report uses to get the FICO scores? 

I paid down one of my cc per the simulator as instructed by my LO (she said it should give me a 10 point rise in score).  Seeing my EX score - looks like it I did get the boost, but only on one report. I'm confused as to go ahead or not.  I had my 640 with TU and only needed a 640 with EX.   MyFICO says I exceeded goal with EX but now down with TU.  How accurate is this site compared with lender pulls??

Please help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
deg757
Regular Contributor

Re: Should I or shouldn't I???

Everytime I had my score pulled getting ready for the mortgage app, the lender pull matched exactly the Equifax score from my Fico and it was always my middle score. Just my experience.

Starting scores 2/27/12 TU 605 EX 576 EQ 560
Current scores lender pull 9/6/12 TU 663 EX 629 EQ 645
Closed on our first home 10/26/2012!
Message 2 of 4
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

The TU score pulled here is an older version and different from what your lender is pulling. If your EQ score has gone up and your TU is substantially the same reporting it is fairly safe to assume that your TU has gone up and your middle score will be above 640.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
RJA
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your response.  I'm waiting to hear from my LO to see if she's going to pull today or Monday.  I'm hopefull my score's have gone up.  Will post the update as soon as I know. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.