Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I refinance auto loan or wait?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I refinance auto loan or wait?

Okay here is my situation.  I financed a vehicle in march of 2007.  terms are 66 months, 346.69 a month, $12,000+ for vehicle plus had to pay $7000 finance charge.  Total came to about $20,000. Interest just over 14%.  My EX score at time was 542.  I have made all payments on time in full for last 13 months.  My scores are now EQ 650/ TU 657/ EX 670.  I also have a low uti (3% on $12,000 worth of credit).  My concern is that my employment history is not as stable as I want it to be.  I will be starting a new job this week, however my last employment was only 2 months (laid off) and my job before that was only 10 months.  I have always worked, I have just had several employers.  I am also only 26 years old.  I want to refinance, but I am not sure if I should or if I will benefit from it.  I am also saving and in a first-time homeownership program. Novemer of this year I will be done with the program and have 6 months to find a home and sign on the dotted line.  I know this is a lot of information, but I just want to get some insight.  I do not want to jeopardize my score or chances of being approved for a mortgage loan.  What should I do.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.