Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I refinance my car?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I refinance my car?

I am hoping to get an FHA loan, but I also want to refinance my car loan in order to reduce my DTI. Should I refi now or wait until after I speak with the lender?

Thanks,

Jelly

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I refinance my car?

Anyone?

Message 2 of 10
happy0510
Established Contributor

I considered this as well....it's best to ask your LO...they are 1million % on your side.

This question will be answered quickly by them.  Also, FYI....I app'd right after getting a new CC.  It was only 1 month old.  Peanuts.  Never heard a thing about it! I was told by my LO not to gain any new credit after the app though.

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, happy! I appreciate your response.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was in a similar position Jelly, but I spoke with my LO who told me I was able to be pre-approved without the refi.

Definitely speak with the lender first.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was in a similar position Jelly, but I spoke with my LO who told me I was able to be pre-approved without the refi.

Definitely speak with the lender first.

Thanks a bunch!! I will do just that! I'll you guys know what happens!

Jelly

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. I called my LO and asked her about this situation. She said that I should wait. Thanks all for your input.

Message 7 of 10
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Wait until you talk to LO

We can simulate things in the software... so you may not need the extra dti room

Retired Lender
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dallas!!

I spoke with her today. I am going to go ahead with pre-qualification. She said that I should know something tomorrow. I'll post the results when I get them from her. I faxed her my info today.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I refinance my car?...UPDATE

Ok, I just went for it!! Was approved for $165,000 with automated approval, but due to write offs on my taxes b/c of a side business, the underwriters have to look at it. I'll know something next week. I'll keep you posted.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.