cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I try to remove "Disputed" remark?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I try to remove "Disputed" remark?

Hi,

I have came a long way from having 17 collections to now only two. Even though I have already obtained a mortgage last year with some of these collections still showing, I am under the impression that if I went to apply for another mortgage it would look better if these remarks were removed . Is this true? Should I try to dispute the remark in someway? Lastly, with this have any impact on trying the HIPPA process?
5 REPLIES 5
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

Re: Should I try to remove "Disputed" remark?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi,

I have came a long way from having 17 collections to now only two. Even though I have already obtained a mortgage last year with some of these collections still showing, I am under the impression that if I went to apply for another mortgage it would look better if these remarks were removed . Is this true? Should I try to dispute the remark in someway? Lastly, with this have any impact on trying the HIPPA process?

I've been working on a jumbo refi, so I've had a manual underwriter and they have been nitpicking on lots of things.  This lender did condition the loan on a dispute remark being removed from my credit reports.  In my case, it was with Wells Fargo.  The first person I called said they couldn't removed it.  I called another department and they were happy to remove it and did so quickly since I was in the middle of trying to get a loan.  I didn't "dispute" the remark.  I simply asked that they remove the language about the dispute, which they agreed to do.

I can't comment on your second question.

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 2 of 6
airplane_al

i have the feeling you could probally have it removed from transunion and equafax with no problem. But experian will probally tell you something like the 

remarks cant be removed without a presidental pardon. Will the negative accounts age off soon? If they do i would say just let them fall off on there own then.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two report to TU, one to EQ and EX is clean.
Should I try with the CRA to do this first?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread has everything you could every want to know about removing dispute comments Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-M...

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience is not getting the Credit Agencies to say they will  take them off. They are very pleasant and helpful. The problem is that they then are never taken off, or they come right back on. I have had to call multiple times, and I'm not even sure if they will be off when I do apply for a mortgage. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.