cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I wait until after closing to deposit check?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I wait until after closing to deposit check?

I have been cleared to close (about a week and a half ago) and closing is set for 10 days from now.

My parents have sent me a check because they wanted to pay for my daughter's new bedroom furniture. Should I wait to deposit this check ($1000) until after closing or is it ok to do it now? I will ask my loan guy tomorrow but wanted to get you guys take on it today.....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I wait until after closing to deposit check?

Yes you should wait. Otherwise you'll have to document where it came from and you don't want to risk anything holding you up at this point. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

clear to close? they won't be checking bank statements again.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

clear to close? they won't be checking bank statements again.

Thanks Dallas..that is what I was wondering. I do have clear to close and we could have closed last week but the current owners are not moving out til the 1st and closing on their new house right after I close on this house on the 2nd.

I can just hold on to the check but with the move and school starting and everything going on right now, did not want it getting lost in the shuffle so would rather just deposit it now if allowed.

Thanks again for responses!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.