Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing Appreciation/Reality Check

tag
Wovenyarn
Regular Contributor

Showing Appreciation/Reality Check

I am having such a hard time digesting the last few days.  I am a true testiment that spending is a mindset and if your mind isn't in it, you will never be able to master your finances.  About a year ago I started thinking about buying a house.  I went to a NACA workshop and although I didn't end up going through their program, they snapped me into the mindset of paying my bills by the due date, not just before stuff gets cut off (which was how I used to pay my bills).  Fast forward a year later and I was able to close on a house using a VA loan.  All the while, I've been reading and learning as much as possible from these forums...taking notes, asking questions. 

I've learned stuff that I never even knew was possible such as why I should apply for this card vs that card, what credit card rewards are, which order I should apply and how to best optimize my Fico scores.  Now after looking through the list of cards that I recently acquired, it's all I can do to smile and be grateful.  I've tried to pass on my knowledge to friends and family but they don't seem to "get it" when I talk all this credit mumbo-jumbo.  Maybe one day they will visit the forum as I've recommended and a whole new world of credit information and opportunities will be opened to them.

Anyway...sorry to rant and this may not be the best forum for it but I just wanted to share my positive experience with others who I'm sure can relate to my story. 

Freedom $3k, DCU $5k, BoA Rewards $1k, BoA Americard $2k, Barclay's Ring $3k, Cap 1 Plat $2k, QS1 $2k, Discover IT $500, Lowe's $10k

Scores: EQ 687, TU 709, EX 692
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Showing Appreciation/Reality Check

Congrats!  

Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

congrats. you earned it

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried to pass all my info onto roommates who don't quite seem to care yet.

Don't waste your time on ppl that won't use the info. Find someone that is ready and interested

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.