Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick leave right before mortgage closing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sick leave right before mortgage closing

Hello,

I'm new to the forum.  I had a situation come up recently that is causing me mild panic attacks.  Here's a little bit of the back story.  I am in the process of buying my very first home.  Everything was going smoothly, house appraised, got my commitment letter last week, only thing we are waiting on is the final USDA approval (they submitted the package a couple days ago)  Closing is set for June 28th, all they need for conditional stuff is 1st pay stub in June and my next bank statement which will be ready next week. 

Here's the problem, 3 days ago I went to urgent care with bad stomach pain, turns out my appendix was in bad shape and had to have urgent surgery to remove it.  This process has been more painful than the mortgage process which I didn't think was possible Smiley Very Happy I got a note to return to work June 4th but on light duty for 6 weeks.  The thing is with my company's HR department you need a 100% clear from your Dr. before they will let you back to work (don't want disability to turn into workers comp).  Meaning most likely it's first week in July before I'll be allowed back to work.  Now I'm a manager for the company so we are on a better sick pay scale tahn , meaning we get 'unlimited' sick time, which is 26 consecutive weeks at full pay at which point it becomes long term disability. 

This is awesome but we also work a 6 day workweek, 8 hours are OT which I'll lose out on while I'm out.  I qualified for the mortgage payments based on the normal 6 day work week which all our full timers work.  That's 6 OT shifts I'll be missing out on and I'm 4 weeks away from closing.  My question is do you think this will be a huge issue with my lender?  Can they deny my mortgage for being out sick?  I've heard of it happening with maternity leave though this is a little different.  Do you think they would even notice if I didn't mention it since they have already issued commitment and obviously I'm still employed and receiving my full base pay weekly? 

I'm kinda freaking out about what to do, I have until the end of June to move out of my apartment and everything expires June 29th (credit report, interest rate, commitment etc)....any advice?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sick leave right before mortgage closing

When my file went to USDA the turnaround period was 72 hours but my MB stated that it would take 10-15 days I am praying that the same holds true for you.  Just because your Closing is scheduled at a later date doesnt mean that it will close that far out.  I extended my closing for May 11th and Closed on May 4th the process may surprise you I pray that you get the Clear to Close on Tuesday.

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

no issue at all whatsoever.....

unless that makes you short on cash to close.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did things work out?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.