Signed mortgage closing documents!

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Signed mortgage closing documents!

@Anonymous wrote:

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I thought they normally gave the keys at closing?

Imscangel17, this depends upon where the property is located^^^.  If you are in a table funding state, you get the keys at closing. If you are in an "escrow closing" type state (dry funding)  you get your keys anywhere from 1 to 2 days after funding.   Here is a list of those dry funding states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon and Washington.  Every other state is a table funding (or wet) state and you get your keys at closing.

Oh ok. We bought a house back in 2008 when we lived in NC and got the keys at closing so I was confused. We are purchasing in TN this time around so it looks like we still get keys at closing Smiley Happy

Yep!  

I'm on the east coast too and most of the dry funding states are out west. 

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I couldn't imagine having to wait! If I'm signing my life away you better be giving me the keys right there! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 15
thegrapelady
Contributor

Oh! I had no idea. I am in WA so that is likely why we are still waiting for keys. We are supposed be getting them today. I am really nervous though because the mortgage broker asked me to provide my bank statement showing the down payment (cashier's check) leaving my account. She said this was pretty standard and the funding should go through this morning, with title being recorded this afternoon, then keys. Ugh. I can't wait to have the keys! I am going to have a giant drink when that happens. Haha!

Message 13 of 15
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@thegrapelady wrote:

Oh! I had no idea. I am in WA so that is likely why we are still waiting for keys. We are supposed be getting them today. I am really nervous though because the mortgage broker asked me to provide my bank statement showing the down payment (cashier's check) leaving my account. She said this was pretty standard and the funding should go through this morning, with title being recorded this afternoon, then keys. Ugh. I can't wait to have the keys! I am going to have a giant drink when that happens. Haha!

Normal.  You are supposed to have the funds used from the same account you qualified for when you applied for the loan.  Here we wire in closing funds and we have to supply the wire transfer info to the lender before it will fund. SOP.  Hope you do get your keys today Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 15
thegrapelady
Contributor

I wanted to wire it but the escrow company requested a cashier's check. Funding went through fine though. Yay! Now we just wait for the title to be recorded with the county, and then get keys. Likely this afternoon. Phew! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.