Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Annoying!

tag
jprose5
Established Member

So Annoying!

My scores have all gone up 100+ points yet because I am 1099 I need to wait until my next tax return to qualify for a mortgage. Smiley Sad I've only been with my job for a year. One company said they could make it work but they suggest a get a few more lines of credit. Well of course I get denied by the first two places I try because they pulled my Experian which is the lowest score I have (about a 600). My other two are closer to 665. This really sucks. Does anyone know of a company that will work with one tax return for people with 1099?

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: 612
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Re: So Annoying!

Did you have another job before then?  Were you in school?  Most places require two years of employment at the same job or a job in a similar field. 

Also, they would likely be pulling all three reports and going by your middle score and not just disqualifying you based on one low score or bad report.  What are your scores?  What score do they require to qualify?

Answers to these and more will help the lovely folks here answer your questions.

Message 2 of 4
jprose5
Established Member

When the mortgage lender pulled my report I had 640 623 and 591 but right after a dispute finished and I checked my equifax and transunion jumped to 653 and 665. I'm guessing the 591 went up as well but since that's experian, there is no fico score.

I have a total of 18 months full time history but there was a gap between jobs and I have a 2 year part time history. So I've worked 3+ years but not all full time.

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: 612
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

While your Equifax score is likely to be the same as the lender pull, your TransUnion score here is probably a different model than what your lender is pulling.  Also, depends on what the lender requires for a middle score.  Is it 620 or 640?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.