Valued Member
maryellis1981

So Confused Please Help!

Hi Everyone,

I have posted before but not frequently and I could use some advice.  I am so confused.  :smileyhappy:

I am trying to get approved for a mortgage, my landlord is wanting to sell my current rental and I don't want to move too much since I have two young ones.  Any way I had to short sell my previous home because of my divorce, the short sale will be 2 years old this November.  My middle credit score as of today is 710 besides a 60 day late prior to the short sale my credit is perfect.  I have been calling around to see who if anyone will give me a mortgage and every broker and bank I have spoken to have told me I need to wait 3 years from the short sale except for one.  I have had contact for the last couple of months with a LO at a mortgage company that is through a local CU, he knows of my short sale.  He recommended that I go through their preapproval online today and see what happens so I did and I was preapproved for the loan amount I was asking with 10% downpayment, 30 years at 3.75%.  Is this too good to be true?  I asked the LO what this really means and he said I can start looking for a house.  I am excited but cautious.  I don't want to get into a contract on a home and then during the UW be denied.  Thoughts?  Again he's aware of my short sale and this is a reputal company locally based.

Thanks!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+