Regular Contributor
dekelley1

Re: So I've started my journey **updated 6/27/12**

Yes, I'm still on here.  I've put my search on hold as I hit a few road blocks but working through them just fine.  I found out I can't use down payment assistance with a multi family property.  So I'm saving up more money, however what I've found is a lot of multi-family homes are not legally duplexes ( don't let "not legally" scare you)  What that simply means is they are taxed as single family homes.  For instance one house I was looking at (but lost the bid) is 3k square feet, but the owner put up a wall in the house and made the other side a full  3 bedroom 2bath unit w/ all the aminities.  I've found a lot of this as a matter of fact, so things are looking good on that front.  The thing is I really wanted a traditional 4plex.  So, I'm saving money right now to do that and weighing my options.  The other downside to a multifamily is if I use a FHA loan, I have to live in one of the units. Not too bad, but depends on you situation if you are ready to be a onsite landlord. 

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: Lender pullEQ 667, TU04 698 TU98 644, EX 660
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+