cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So angry!! Rapid Rescore LOWERED my FICO????

tag
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: So angry!! Rapid Rescore LOWERED my FICO????

@swtprncess281 wrote:

" It takes I believe 30-60 days for that to hit your scores, so it may just simply be the inquiries hitting your score.  They would show up on the initial credit app, but would not be counted into the score.  After 30 or 60 days though, you get dinged for them."

It's funny you said that because since August we have been doing a pull every 30 days to see if I've gotten to 620. I asked him to allow me to just tell him when I got the scorewatch alert because I was worried about all the pulls (2 already from a previous builder I looked at and then 3 with him) He said he couldn't do his job without pulling my report. He said that Mortgage companies have a 45 day window and the inquires don't effect your score as long as they are pulled within 45 day of the previous inquiry. Something about that didn't sit well, but you figure "They are the experts" Well that explains it, but doesn't make me feel better about some of the answers I'm getting! 

experts? pffftt

there is very little to no training in this industry. sink or swim they say

Retired Lender
Message 11 of 18
907grown
Established Contributor

how did you bring your score up 180 points in 60 days?

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 12 of 18
bigjule111
Established Member

i had the same thing happen to me... a week before closing my ahole LO desides to chase points at the last minute.. swearing that the points would b there not to worry.. at that time my equifax was at 599 which is my middle score... he told me to pay off a old charged off acoount   he said i would definetly get the 21 points needed.... so he rescored and BAM!!!  went from 599 t0 570
Message 13 of 18
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

I can't figure out how to quote you, but to answer your question, it was 180+ across the board, or between all three. Long story short I signed the contract on my home in August. My scores at the time TU 532 EQ 584 EX 570. I had 5 CC (one closed) at about 95% utilization. I knew paying the cards down was a must and would help, but I didn't know by how much. I paid them down by 50% first in August in time for them to report, then down to 29% in Sept,  When we pulled in Sept I was at TU 598 EQ 618 EX 655, before this debockle with the rescore I was at TU 610 EQ 618 EX 655  I've gained 197 between all three bureaus . 

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 14 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

swtprncess281 wrote:

I can't figure out how to quote you......

Click "Reply" on the specific post you are responding to. Within the grey area, just below the subject line and right of center, there's a "Quote" link. Click that and that person's post will appear in the text box.

Message 15 of 18
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@swtprncess281 wrote:

Click "Reply" on the specific post you are responding to. Within the grey area, just below the subject line and right of center, there's a "Quote" link. Click that and that person's post will appear in the text box.

Duh! Thanks Smiley Happy

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 16 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

swtprncess281 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

@swtprncess281 wrote:

Duh! Thanks Smiley Happy

LOL...it actually took me over 2 months to figure that out. I used to copy and paste everyone's post.
Message 17 of 18
907grown
Established Contributor

I am working my score up that way as well, I was hoping for some magic secret even though they tell you here all the time that that is not an option.  Either way congratulations!  I can not wait to feel the pride of ownership myself.  How exciting!

Enjoy your home!

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.