Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So confused $1100 upfront costs (BOA)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So confused $1100 upfront costs (BOA)

Ok, well, I'm waiting for a reponse back and know I will not get it until tomorrow but I'm confused, and worried. The SR. Loan officer from Bank of America told me there is $1100 upfront costs for a 203K loan?? What in the world is that for? What does it go towards? Does anyone know?? I have been "Conditionally approved" I found a home I'm interested in, she knows that. I need to submit my documentation tomorrow (W2, bank statements, pay stubs). I offered 68,000 on a home they countered back at 70,000 but will pay 2040 towards closing costs. In the counter they also put closing for June 9th but the lady told me that 203K loans take 60 days to close. I'm soooooo confused. This is a foreclosed home. Also, they stated there would be a Per Diem if buyer delays closing $100 per day. So, is BOA not the right place to go? This is very frustrating, and making me wonder if I should even buy a home but I got to get out my apartment though because it's terrible I can't take another day.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: So confused $1100 upfront costs (BOA)

ask them for a GFE... all of the costs should be explained in there.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you specifically going for a 203k loan for the additional repairs budget? I'm not a 203k expert or anything, but I'd imagine those costs lump in the extra work that goes into approving a 203k loan, e.g. reviewing contractor bids, additioanl appraisal(s), etc. Might be part of the normal out of pocket costs.

As per the above poster, a GFE should clear it up perhaps?

Message 3 of 8
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

The upfront costs of my 203k loan consisted of my earnest money deposit, appraisal and inspection.

Did you get to speak with your LO yet?

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks the $1100 is for the apprasial/inspection/credit report fee.

I had to pay an additional $1000 for the earnest money deposit which I assume goes towards closing costs?????

Message 5 of 8
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

Yes, it certainly does. You will see that reflected on your good faith estimate. You should be receiving that very soon.

I'm not sure what program you are using, but the program I qualified for mandated that I pay atleast $2000 towards my closing costs. That money that went toward this $2000 were my earnest deposit, appraisal, inspection, credit report and homeowners insurance. I also had to bring $65.00 to closing. I did end up paying over the $2000, but by very little.

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Message 6 of 8
westo12
Established Contributor

My25reasons, what program did you go through for your down and closing costs?
Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 7 of 8
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

@west, I went through my local neighborhood stabilization program. It was called a NSP3 loan with a 203K rehabilitation loan. My closing costs and repair costs were, for the most part, rolled in to my mortgage. I did not put any money down, aside from my $1k good faith.

In my wallet:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.