cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So excited!!!!! Getting ever so closer to refi!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So excited!!!!! Getting ever so closer to refi!!!

Oh My Goodness!!!  I've been working diligently since last August on my scores, paying down/off my debt, etc.in order to refi our home to take cash out so that we can do some much needed repairs and updates.  After paying off much of my debt that had been charged off in 2010, I was able to get 4 new accounts open, 3 of them in January, so they are new, but I needed it in order to get my credit mix improved and to get my scores up.  Now that myFICO offers mortgage scores for all 3 CRAs now, I pulled them this morning.  Was going to wait until next week, but I couldn't resist.  My myFICO mortgage scores are now: EQ 620, up from 596 (pulled by my CU in January when I applied for my secured CC), EX: 635 up from 625 and TU: 666.  With a mid score of 635 now we can move forward, finally.  I am a bit concerned about the new cards being only 2 months old, but my explanation is I got them for scoring purposes.  I'm barely using them, and when I am, I'm paying them off quickly and only allowing about 8% report on one card.  We plan to apply closer to the end of the month, so I'm hoping that mid score will go up by 5 points to 640.  What a relief....  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  Thank goodness.  Now I need to check DH's scores, but he has a pretty clean report with only our mortgage and car payment reporting on it right now. YIPEEE...I can start planning for that new kitchen and updated bathroom we need so desperately.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: So excited!!!!! Getting ever so closer to refi!!!

Congratulations!!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 3
Lemmus
Established Contributor

Re: So excited!!!!! Getting ever so closer to refi!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

YIPEEE...I can start planning for that new kitchen and updated bathroom we need so desperately.  

Smiley Very Happy•º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º•YIPEEE!•º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º•Smiley Very Happy

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.