Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So far So good...

tag
movingonup23
Valued Member

So far So good...

It's been a smooth process so far (fingers crossed while knocking on wood! Smiley Happy)   I applied for my home loan on January 2nd and was approved the next day through the automated approval with a TU score of 718.  They didn't give me my other scores, so either they only pulled one or they gave me my middle score. 

Jan 6th - I paid for the appraisal and the lender ordered it.

Jan 10th- Mortage processor emailed me for additional documents. (cancelled earnest money check, letter from dw allowing use of joint accounts).  I returned those that same day.

Jan 22nd- Appraisal completed with value $5k higher than purchase price.

Jan 30th- Processor emails me for additional documents required by underwriters. (2011 w2, explanation of addresses, homebuyer education certificate, etc...nothing to complicated).  I returned those documents immediately and the education certificate on Feb 3rd.

Feb 4th- loan was approved by underwriting with no conditions other than guarantee by USDA (the program is was applying for).

Feb 5th- loan sent to USDA

Feb 7th- loan approved by USDA with no additional conditions.

The title work has already been completed so we should have a clear to close in the next few days.  I've got my rate locked at 4.25% with a 1 point credit.  All in all this has gone smoothly and hope it continues until the day we close!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
dtjones052209
Regular Contributor

Re: So far So good...

@movingonup23 wrote:

It's been a smooth process so far (fingers crossed while knocking on wood! Smiley Happy)   I applied for my home loan on January 2nd and was approved the next day through the automated approval with a TU score of 718.  They didn't give me my other scores, so either they only pulled one or they gave me my middle score. 

Jan 6th - I paid for the appraisal and the lender ordered it.

Jan 10th- Mortage processor emailed me for additional documents. (cancelled earnest money check, letter from dw allowing use of joint accounts).  I returned those that same day.

Jan 22nd- Appraisal completed with value $5k higher than purchase price.

Jan 30th- Processor emails me for additional documents required by underwriters. (2011 w2, explanation of addresses, homebuyer education certificate, etc...nothing to complicated).  I returned those documents immediately and the education certificate on Feb 3rd.

Feb 4th- loan was approved by underwriting with no conditions other than guarantee by USDA (the program is was applying for).

Feb 5th- loan sent to USDA

Feb 7th- loan approved by USDA with no additional conditions.

The title work has already been completed so we should have a clear to close in the next few days.  I've got my rate locked at 4.25% with a 1 point credit.  All in all this has gone smoothly and hope it continues until the day we close!

Moving on up for sure! Congrats and continued process success.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.