Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So lost now with BK on house and forecloser process

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So lost now with BK on house and forecloser process

Its been two years since I filed for my  Bankrupcy which included a house.   This Feburary with be my 2 year discharge date so i called a Loan compnay to talk about what my options were since i am coming up on my 2 years after discharged date.   The house that was included in my BK is the one i am still living in.  The  loan company was a bit shady so once i asked for a sit down meeting with them they just stop contacting me about the house.  It has since been sold and al though it is nice not paying rent we would like to buy another house.   The lender told me today that i have to wait 2 years after the forclouser on the house to apply for a VA loan.   Well they never forclosed on the house they just let us stay in it. I just assumned once i filed my  BK and included the house I would recieve a letter that said ok move out by this date but that never happned two years into it.    So do I have to wait two years after my  discharge or two years after a forclouser?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: So lost now with BK on house and forecloser process

@Anonymous wrote:

Its been two years since I filed for my  Bankrupcy which included a house.   This Feburary with be my 2 year discharge date so i called a Loan compnay to talk about what my options were since i am coming up on my 2 years after discharged date.   The house that was included in my BK is the one i am still living in.  The  loan company was a bit shady so once i asked for a sit down meeting with them they just stop contacting me about the house.  It has since been sold and al though it is nice not paying rent we would like to buy another house.   The lender told me today that i have to wait 2 years after the forclouser on the house to apply for a VA loan.   Well they never forclosed on the house they just let us stay in it. I just assumned once i filed my  BK and included the house I would recieve a letter that said ok move out by this date but that never happned two years into it.    So do I have to wait two years after my  discharge or two years after a forclouser?

Some information is missing.

Was the house sold for less than the mortgage payoff [short sale]? If yes, you must wait three years. If not, it is two years from your discharge. That said, there are portfolio lenders out there that will financing a new mortgage for your now .... but they tend to have high down-payment [20%] and credit requirements. Do you consider your credit/financial profile to be robust enough to make a new home purchase now? Maybe waiting a year or two while improving your credit/financial situation is not a  bad thing. Good luck.

Message 2 of 4
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Hey EZ, check your PM!

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the same boat.... did you get an answer? 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.