Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft pull before closing?

tag
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

Soft pull before closing?

Does your credit get run again before they issue the clear to close or right before your closing date? I just received the CTC today but I don't close until the 30th. Did they do the last soft pull today or will they do it later this week?

Thanks!

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
BrokeStudent2010
Contributor

Re: Soft pull before closing?

I was told that depending on the mortgage company they might update your balances, or do a pull. If the original credit score hasn't expired then they likely won't pull your score again. When they update your balances your DTI still needs to be in the acceptable range.
Message 2 of 12
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

@newhouse2013 wrote:

Does your credit get run again before they issue the clear to close or right before your closing date? I just received the CTC today but I don't close until the 30th. Did they do the last soft pull today or will they do it later this week?

Thanks!

I closed on my house September 9th and my bank did not do another pull however some banks do another pull the best way to find out is to do what I did and just ask your LO. 

Sent to USDA on August 14th 2013 Approved September 5th CLOSED September 9th!!!!!
Message 3 of 12
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

They did not repull me before I closed.

Message 4 of 12
Amythyst
Contributor

I got softed right before closing and then for like 3 days after closing.

Message 5 of 12
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

@Amythyst wrote:

I got softed right before closing and then for like 3 days after closing.

3 days after??...that is the first I heard of that. 

Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643

Message 6 of 12
Amythyst
Contributor

Yes, they reserve the right to check up to 5 days after closing... at least my lender did.  Most of the advice I heard was not to touch your credit at all until at least a week after closing and at bare minimum until the deed is recorded.  I was told it is not officially official until the deed gets recorded and the loan is funded.

Message 7 of 12
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

Good to know! Thank you 

Message 8 of 12
cclee
Regular Contributor

Mine was pulled the day of funding.

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 9 of 12
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Nothing they can do after if it funded. My loan funded the day I closed and I went out and got a lowes card the same day.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.