cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speechless. In underwriting, Car company accidentally updated as charged off? No idea what to do.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speechless. In underwriting, Car company accidentally updated as charged off? No idea what to do.

I feel so angry and upset. Our loan is about to go  through underwriting, and the company we leased our car from just accidentally updated our account saying we owe over 3g and that its been charged off. It subsequently dropped the credit score 48 points. This information is 100% inaccurate. We paid in full and had no outstanding balances or payments whatsoever. I can not believe they did this. I called just barely and they are out of the office, so first thing in the morning they are going to get ripped a new one. How could they be so careless/reckless. 

I am so worried that this will lose us the loan. Extremely discouraged. 

6 REPLIES 6
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Speechless. In underwriting, Car company accidentally updated as charged off? No idea what to do

A letter will fix you up fast. Use the same phone numbers as the removal of dispute comments. Have them email the letter. Breathe. Try not to get upset with them. Things happen faster more often with honey than vinegar. Smiley Wink
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Speechless. In underwriting, Car company accidentally updated as charged off? No idea what to do

What number is it that I should call? I'm more worried about crying than yelling at them. I'm just extremely concerned now that this won't be able to be cleared up in time.
Message 3 of 7
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

- climb the ladder of management until you get someone tto resolve immediately - do not let them get you off the line until they fix it - Only way to get things done quickly

You dont have to yell and hopefully you will be able to say what you need to without crying - (unless it helps you to plead your case hehe)
Get everything you have to document things together  -  draft a letter and let your LO know asap - be upfront - you didnt do anything wrong

If your bank has already pulled credit they may never see anything -  however if they do a repull you could have an issue and best case you will lose valuable time at the end trying to plead your case

Good Luck

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 4 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

tell the loan officer now.

they will likely do a credit supplement to get the account updated.

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the car financing people on Friday morning and they were very understanding and helpful. They said they got it fixed and updated. I'm going to call the loan officer tomorrow and ask what we should do next. I'm hoping it will update on the credit report soon. The mid score right now is at 599 😑 It was 651 before this whole debacle happened.
Message 6 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I called the car financing people on Friday morning and they were very understanding and helpful. They said they got it fixed and updated. I'm going to call the loan officer tomorrow and ask what we should do next. I'm hoping it will update on the credit report soon. The mid score right now is at 599 😑 It was 651 before this whole debacle happened.

You can get a letter from the company, then call the cras and get removed.  Get the letter emailed.

Signature needs updating
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.