Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spending caution after underwriting approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spending caution after underwriting approval

To keep it short, I have been conditionally approved by underwriter and appraisal came out fine. My lender is working on the final touches. I know I should not make any large purchases or apply for new credit until I have the keys. Utility, groceries, and final months rent payments should be fine?

My question is... will normal day to day spending like eating out, maybe small supplies like $20 - $50 here and there will affect closing the deal?
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Spending caution after underwriting approval

As long as you maintain enough in your bank accounts and your minimum required payments don't increase to the point where your DTI no longer qualifies, then you should be fine.  Ask your loan officer how much you need to maintain in the bank & how much your payments could increase and still be able to qualify.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work with a mortgage officer who always tells her borrowers to not even buy a lamp during the mortgage process. Of course she's joking.., kind of Smiley Happy.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.