kentucky_golfer

Started approval process with Veterans United Home Loans today

I have been working on improving my credit for about 2 years now.  I have a BK discharged in May 2010 and today I took the plunge and applied for a mortgage with Veterans United.  They pulled my scores and my middle score was 635.  Normally they only required a 620 but with a BK within the last 3 years they require a 640.  They referred me to their in-house credit improvement department to help me gain the extra 5 points.

The nice gentleman I spoke to suggested that I pay off a 2 year old Verizon collection and pay down one of my credit cards to about $50.  I paid the collection today and will be paying the credit card later this week.  They will then do a rapid rescore and that should push me above 640.

Anyone have good success stories with Veterans United?

New Contributor
mytime321

Re: Started approval process with Veterans United Home Loans today

How did it end up going with them?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}