Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting construction, finally*UPDATED PICS 9/19*

tag
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Starting construction, finally*UPDATED PICS 9/19*

Weeee! Just got the email from my sales lady that they got the approval from FGMC to allow them to start construction. We will be having our preconstruction meeting on Tuesday! So exciting. Now I can post pictures when I get home of our lot and the progress, yay! 

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Re: Starting construction....Finally

Congratulations! The fun will now begin!  You'll also have to still deal with impatience to see the home completed. lol

Message 2 of 32
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Nice! I loved the whole construction part...now that is almost done, I'm sort of bummed haha.

Message 3 of 32
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

just checking for an update....

Message 4 of 32
gotideas
New Contributor

Cool.  It took our builder 7 weeks to get the conditional loan approval and it finally came through on May 9 then it took then until May 29 to even apply for the permit.  So now we are looking at over three weeks just to start building.  Frustrating because we wanted to be settled before the kids start school as it is a distance from our current home but the way it looks now we will be lucky if we close in late September. 

Message 5 of 32
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

They are starting the first floor block today and then frame the second floor either by Friday or Monday. Went out in the rain on Saturday to take pictures of the foundation after it was poured on Friday. I'll post  pictures tonight when I get home.  Now the fiancee and I will be going out every weekend to take pictures from the same spot in the road, lol. I even have my parents stopping by during the week to check on it for me. Our building sup also calls once a week to give us updates. It's going to start going fast now. Sooo excited

Message 6 of 32
playboy
Regular Contributor

Good to hear Jen.

Starting Score: EX 575/TU 534/EQ 570
Current Scores per Myfico: (As of 12-14-13) EX 690/EQ 685/TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 32
gotideas
New Contributor

where in Florida are you purchasing

Message 8 of 32
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

We are purchasing in the Pasco county area

Message 9 of 32
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Re: Starting construction....Finally*UPDATED W/PICS*

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.