cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting our USDA Process: What to expect?

tag
WillF360
Regular Contributor

Starting our USDA Process: What to expect?

Hey guys, my wife & I are starting our USDA First time Home Buying process, after paying insane amounts of rent the past few years.  We're looking at a new manufactured home, own our own land, zero down loan.  The home that we're in the process on is at $120,000.  Basically a stick built home on a frame, permanent foundation required due to the weight and build quality.  We're just in a time crunch, so doing a manufactured vs site built. 

Our lender, American Mortgage Service Co is who we're working through.  We had my credit pulled the other day, and you can see the scores in my sig.  I've came a long way in a year, from the sub 500's, so we're excited.  She said we're good to go on the scores, no issues. She has to get in contact with her processor tomorrow morning to see if our property is in a flood plain, and if so, what eleveation the home needs to be at to be out of it. (Property has never flooded in 100+ years)

I'm meeting with her tomorrow, so pretty excited.  Just not sure what to expect.  Looking for any thoughts on what to expect. I've sent her my 2 years tax returns, 1 month of pay stubs, and student loan payments (only thing I owe on, $226 monthly total).  My income is decent, $36,000 salary plus commissions and bonuses.  I'll be at $68,000 this year total. 

We're excited, but nervous at the same time. Especially with rates rising, we're wanting to get it done, and soon.  What can I expect to have happen?  

In the Garden since 9/15/13... Goal Date 4/15/14 (WISH ME LUCK)
Closed on First Home 9/13/2013: USDA RURAL HOUSING
Lender Pull 7/25- EQ 673, EX 693, TU 670
Credit Card Approvals: 9/15- Discover It $4500; Chase Freedom $3500; Amex Blue $5000
Goal Score: 720 | Starting Scores (2/12): EQ 493, EX 521, TU 463
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Re: Starting our USDA Process: What to expect?

What state r u purchasing in? Sounds like u r getting a modular home. Do u hsvr any recent collections or charge offs (12/24 moneys) on your CR? I think u r good to with a median score of 645 .and having your own land is a plus, Please keep us updated on your journey

Message 2 of 7
WillF360
Regular Contributor

No, we're getting a manufactured home from Deer Valley. We're in KY. 

I have a collection from 4 months ago on a fraudulent account that was paid to the OC at the urging of our first mortgage officer, then subsequently found to be fraud after I launched an investigation with the OC.  The Original creditor recalled the account from the collection agency, but thus far, it's still there on the report. 

My median score is a 669. My low is a 645. I may not have updated my sig, ha.  That's w/ my utilization at 18% which has been paid down to 1% at the moment.  Should be due another increase when the CC reports. 

I'll keep everyone updated. Hopefully can have some resolve by the end of this week on what to expect. 

Credit Card Approvals: 9/15- Discover It $4500; Chase Freedom $3500; Amex Blue $5000
Message 3 of 7
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

just checking n on a update

Message 4 of 7
WillF360
Regular Contributor

No update as of yet.  Waiting to hear back from our Loan Officer today.  Found our builder after 2 others backed out.  Had a setback with our property being in a flood zone. Hopefully 'll be able to update this afternoon or tomorrow.

Message 5 of 7
WillF360
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! You have been pre-qualified for purchase financing, subject to the following conditions:

Satisfactory documentation of information provided,

Satisfactory purchase agreement/contract, appraisal, title examination and flood certification, and

No adverse change to employment, income, credit, finances or lending guidelines.

This

pre-qualification is based upon my review of information you have provided and of your credit report.

This pre-qualification expires on 10/3/2013

Please contact me at  or my cell  should you have any questions or at any time I may be of assistance. Our lending team at American Mortgage appreciates the opportunity to provide home financing and we look forward to another successful loan closing.

Sincerely,

Woooohooo.  Also, we're doing a Modular home vs manufactured. Preapproved for $205,000!

Message 6 of 7
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Thats wonderful! Congrats... please keep us updated on your journey.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.