Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting the VA Home Loan Process

tag
missy42
Regular Contributor

Starting the VA Home Loan Process

I am just beginning the VA Home Loan process but USAA pulled a CSC report yesterday and I'm confused on the scores.  While my FICO scores are:

EX:  655    EQ:  632 and TU:  643 they pulled from CSC and stated my scores are:  EQ:  583   EX: 618 and TU: 626 which would mean my EX score of 618 would be the middle score and the one used.  This puts me 2 pts below what will be needed for a VA Home Loan.  

The issue is I have a collection on my experian from 2007 it's two returned checks that I have no knowledge of and only a P.O. Box address is listed for Global  Payments Check with the following address:  P.O. Box 59371, Chicago IL 60659.  The date listed is Nov 2007 which is 3 months after my Chapter 7 Bankruptcy discharged which was Aug 14, 2007.  Should I even pay this our should I wait to see if it falls off my Experian Credit report in November 2014?  

USAA states it must be paid prior to a mortgage which I understand.  I am currently leasing until April 1, 2015 I just wanted to start the paperwork early.    If I do pay the amount - Total is $500 two separate accounts one for $425 the other for $75 and if I do should I pay it as it is listed separately or just as one lump payment of $500?

Also how do I pull a copy of this CSC report and why are the scores so different than my current FICO Scores?  

Currently I'm paying down my credit cards and trying to save as well.  I know VA requires no downpayment however I'd like to show a cash availabiity in my savings.  Right now I have $1000 in savings and trying to save $1000 every two weeks (just started working full time)  Should I concentrate on saving $ or take that money and continue to pay down my credit card debt and start paying student loans back?

My current debt is $66K in Student Loans - currently deferred until 30 Sept

Credit cards are near max with a total still due on all cards of about $52K

While I want to save $1000 I can afford $500 every two weeks instead of the $1K and continue to use it to pay down debt your thoughts would be very helpful?

Thank you in advance.  

also I have never used my VA Home loan and I am a Disabled Vet therefore no funding fee or down payment.  Please help as I would like to seriously sign a contract with a builder in Oct 2014 for completion and move in 1 Apr 2015.  USAA has a program with the builder as well which is DR Horton.  Thanks in advance

Filed Ch 13- 8/29/17
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.