Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to take for future mortgage

tag
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

Steps to take for future mortgage

Started working on my credit two years ago and now have four major cards, amex 15k, discover 10k, Bank of America 10k and chase 10k. Also a toyota auto loan for 60 months, 18 months into the loan. Nothing bad on my credit report, FICO around 755 each month.
I am looking to get a mortgage in the next couple years and am wondering what I should be working on at this point. Should I just let these accounts age or is there something missing that I should work on?
Thank you
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Steps to take for future mortgage

Keep paying your bills and saving for your down payment.  Don't go out and get any new credit.

Good Luck!!!

@cottoncrown wrote:
Started working on my credit two years ago and now have four major cards, amex 15k, discover 10k, Bank of America 10k and chase 10k. Also a toyota auto loan for 60 months, 18 months into the loan. Nothing bad on my credit report, FICO around 755 each month.
I am looking to get a mortgage in the next couple years and am wondering what I should be working on at this point. Should I just let these accounts age or is there something missing that I should work on?
Thank you

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 5
jim44
Established Contributor

frugalQ is correct.  I work for an independent car dealer and have had couples come in trading in their late model cars and buying a used one with their equity as their lender has requested.....  Well done so far!

Message 3 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

you are fine

just keep utilization low right before you get a credit pull so you get the best pricing

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 5
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

just keep utilization low right before you get a credit pull so you get the best pricing

Not too low though. My credit pull the other day revealed a zero util on one agency.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.