Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Waiting for Preapproval

tag
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Re: Still Waiting for Preapproval

All,
Received an updated from LO...said that on 8/20 my application went to 2nd level review....I am assuming that this is with the underwriters. She said that she would try and escalate this to get a decision. I really hope I have a decision by the end of the week.

Message 21 of 62
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@phumanr wrote:

All,
Received an updated from LO...said that on 8/20 my application went to 2nd level review....I am assuming that this is with the underwriters. She said that she would try and escalate this to get a decision. I really hope I have a decision by the end of the week.

Good Luck!

Seems odd to have to wait this long for a pre-approval

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 22 of 62
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Thank you...Thursday will be two weeks for this pre-approval and this is without an identified property yet. I guess no news is good news.

Message 23 of 62
WINNING
New Contributor

Sometimes no news is good news... I've been in UW for my preapproval going on three weeks now... I have been told that UW is so backed up with refi's they are averaging two to three weeks for review... Not to mention the loans that they are trying to close out... when it comes to pre approval it seems like we keep getting pushed to the bottom of the pile..

Starting Score: 537 (6/2011)
Current Score: Experian 679; Equifax 653; Transunion 664 (My Fico) (4/2014)
Goal Score: 700 across the board (12/31/2014)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 24 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tomorrow is two weeks since I sent in signed documents no word yet....thought I know it hasnt actually been in underwriting for that long, first LO said it took her days to compile it into a file...whatever that means, then yesterday my husband finally broke down and called and LO said she sent it down to underwriting but they hadnt review it yet and once they did it would only be a few hours.

Thought for sure I would hear something today because LO called and emailed with questions she said the underwriter was asking, but almost 7pm and nothing soooo I guess I am hoping for tomorrow....the waiting is killing me!

Good Luck to everyone waiting.

Message 25 of 62
WINNING
New Contributor

Don't forget to update us shenny07!!!! My LO is the pits!! On Monday she said she would check with UW because she sent it over on August 9th (about four days later than she said on a previous email) and would get back to me asap.... still not a word from her.  I wonder how long it takes underwriting to get back to her or does she keep dropping the ball...

Message 26 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

well atleast I am not the only one with a crappy LO.....still nothing.....

Tuesday she acted like I would have an answer any second and hasnt spoken a word since. I am praying for tomorrow I dont think I can get thru the whole weekend :-)

Message 27 of 62
WINNING
New Contributor

I'm with you shenny07.  I sent a follow up email on Monday and she responded right away saying she would get an update ASAP for me... I purposely replied on Tuesday morning with a thank you so that she would be reminded..... still no response.  I sent her an email yesterday stating I was following up on Monday's email... she replied saying she was out of the office and would have an update for me tomorrow.... which is today....once again, I purposely replied this morning saying that I am anxious for an update... It is 12:45 pm on the Friday before Labor Day.... if I don't get a response from her today... I will just die!!!!!!..... and probably send her a nasty gram come Tuesday morning...

Message 28 of 62
WINNING
New Contributor

Forget it!!!! I couldn't wait until Tuesday to send that nasty gram..... she is terrible.... I'm tired of her not following through on simple things she said that she would do..... I understand that she is busy but I work and I am busy too and what she is doing would be unacceptable where I work so she needs to be held accountable.... Whatever she comes back with I am ready to let her have it!  I find it hard to believe that she sent an email on Monday (5 days ago) requesting an update and UW has not gotten back to her yet.   I am to the point that I am no longer dreading rejection..... I don't care what the answer is (really I do care, but I have prepared myself either way)..... I just want one!!!!!  I feel like if I am rejected, then it was a blessing in disguise working with this LO from heck!  I just want to scream!!!!!!!!

Message 29 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I emailed her at lunch time to get an update, since she has never once contacted me on her own accord in 3 weeks.....

She tells me she hasnt heard anything from the under writers yet and MAYBE I will hear by mid next week.....

then follows up with....she is on vacation until September 9th and will be monitoring her email from her phone. UGH I dont know how much more I can take. 

I am with you completely prepared to here, NO I will cry and pout for a day and move on, to my back up plan....not hearing anythi ng is way worse - and every time I have talked to her she bounces back and forth between "no problem its going right thru" to... "maybe by the grace of God we might squeak by but lets not bet on it".....I never know what to think

I think it might be a well fargo policy to be keep your job you must be as un helpful as possible...

Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.