Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for my homebuyer's tax credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting for my homebuyer's tax credit

I've heard of others receiving their tax credits but so far I've have not.

I closed on June 21st

Mailed an amdended return on June 23rd

IRS Received it on June 25th

I'm still waiting for word on when I will get my creditSmiley Mad

I did speak with the IRS who informed me that my file is now in the Exam department. (Whatever that means) The agent said everyone must go through this.

He also informed me that he's never heard of anyone receiving their tax credit before 16 weeks. Something tells me he's misinformed, either that or I am

At any rate he said there's nothing else that can be done until October 15th when my 16 weeks are up and if I don't hear from them by then to call back.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Still waiting for my homebuyer's tax credit

people who get thir return back quickly rarely call and complain so he.she may not have ever heard of that. 

That said,  you are ust now hitting 12 weeks and the general turn around for ammended returns is roughly 16 weeks so getting frustrated at this point is a bit premature.  Especially since it means you calling into the IRS and wasting a bunch of time on hold when it's not like it is even late yet.  I would give it until the end of October before I even thought of calling back in.  Some people wait 5-6 months before they get it in.  Some people get it in 3-4.  I have a tax refund from 2008 I am still waiting for.  It is the IRS, they will get to it when they can and there is not much you can do to speed up the process.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Still waiting for my homebuyer's tax credit

Thank you for replying.  I certainly can understand what you are saying but

to be honest, I've become a bit impatient.  

I have a friend who purchased a house around the same time I did.   He sent out the required information to the Andover, MA  IRS office same as I did and the file was received around the same time my was as well.   He received his tax credit in about 8 weeks and I'm still waiting.

To me it doesn't make any sense but I'm sure there's a reason

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.