Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting on $8000 tax credit nothing yet filed amendment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting on $8000 tax credit nothing yet filed amendment

I filed my amendment (or rather mailed it) April 18th.  It is July 7th & I still haven't received it or heard a thing.  I know the IRS said to allow 8-12 weeks, but I have read on this site & on this site of others receiving theirs a lot quicker.  My tax co. prepared the 1040x & the 5405 for me & I mailed it in.  Please share your experiences, or let me know if you are still waiting too.  I am starting to get nervous.  Thanks guys!  Hope it comes soon!!

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Still waiting on $8000 tax credit nothing yet filed amendment

I'm just speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if people were getting it sooner before because they were getting in on it closer to the beginning, and that now there are more amended returns coming into the IRS and they're just backed up because of volume. Just a guess. I'm trying to expect the same thing once we close so I don't start freaking out if I don't see it...but that's a big check to wait patiently for! Good luck!
Message 2 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mailed mine on April 21 and still waiting...
Message 3 of 44
GovtGal
Valued Member

I mailed mine on May 15th (closed on May 8th) and I received my check last week.

Did you mail yours certified mail?  I did.  Maybe that made the difference.

Message 4 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

keep in mind these are not all going to the same place.  For instance my irs office was in Fresno, ca.  I would assume each state has a different location so some states can be more backed up than others. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

Message 5 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

keep in mind these are not all going to the same place.  For instance my irs office was in Fresno, ca.  I would assume each state has a different location so some states can be more backed up than others. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

Nope you are not wrong. I was starting to think the same thing. Mine was sent to Kansas City, MO if I'm not mistaken. I'm too lazy to go upstairs and look.

Message 6 of 44
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope you are not wrong. I was starting to think the same thing. Mine was sent to Kansas City, MO if I'm not mistaken. I'm too lazy to go upstairs and look.

Mine went to Fresno, CA as well, mailed May 7th...just now showing up in the system. They (IRS) said it should be done and out soon.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 7 of 44
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Mine too! Closed in NJ Smiley Happy Kansas City, MO. I cannot wait for the sweet 8k.. lol NEED new leather sofa, chairs, and a whole lot of tools lmao (OK, not really NEED but WANT!) lol

Message 8 of 44
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

I closed on May 28th and mailed mine on June 2nd. I've been checking my checking account every day to see if they would process it sooner.
Message 9 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I called the IRS today.  The guy said it has been processed, everythings ok & it is "pending" in the computer & should ''post" in the system next week.  He said they mail it after it "post" in the system.  He told me to call back the end of next week & he could tell me when it was mailed (or the date it would be mailed) & when I should be receiving it.  I told him I mailed the amendment on April 18th, he didn't tell me when they received or started working on it.  He did say I should have it in the next week, but technically it could take 4-6 weeks longer.  I ask him why & he said b/c they are backed up.  I don't whether to be excited that they received it & everything is ok, or to throw the phone thru the window b/c I had to wait 27 min. to even talk to someone (after being transferred & hung up on).  I am happy I will be getting it, but wish it would have come YESTERDAY!!LOL

Please let me know if you understand the whole PENDING/POST thing!!  Thanks guys, you are all the bestSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.