Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting on clear to close!

tag
jprose5
Established Member

Still waiting on clear to close!

This has been the most stressful past few months! It started with my fiance and I looking at a house and getting a pre-approval from a lender I found on Zillow. Everything was GREAT, until it wasn't! The lender couldn't prove all of my income (1099) so it looked like I didn't make as much as we originally said. They told us if we paid off our car, we'd be guaranteed the loan. So we did... and guess what?! They couldn't get us the loan.

At this point, we needed a commitment in 8 days. So I scrambled and looked for another loan company. We found one that seemed promising, my self-employment wasn't an issue. We pushed back out commitment date from 10/18 to 10/30. Around our 10/28 they told me I'd need an auditied P&L. I couldn't find anyone who could do one. I was ready to throw in the towel and walk away.

We were down $1k from inspection and appraisal but I was just fed up with all the hoops I had to jump thru. Well, I get offered a job as a w2 and the lender says they can do the loan as soon as I get my first paycheck and they can give the commitment as soon as I get an offer letter from my new employer. Guess what? NO OFFER LETTER! I all but begged the sellers for more time. They gave an extra week for the commitment letter.

I went to put in my notice to my current boss and he threw me a curve ball. He decided he really wanted to keep me and he'd put me as a w2 employee. I decided to stay and he wrote out an "offer letter" explaining my switch. I got my commitment from the lender AND my first paycheck within a week. YAY, right?! Well here I am, waiting on the clear to close. It's been over a week since I got my first paycheck and they are STILL asking for random documents. I was originally supposed to close on 10/31 and then on 11/15 and now I have no idea... Our rate is only locked in until 11/20. 

I don't know what's going on, the lender won't answer the phone for me and I can barely get her to communicate via email. I don't know what to do! My hair is literally falling out. Any ideas? Why are they still asking for stupid stuff? So sorry that this is a jumbled rant but if you understood, some insight or stories of this happening to you would be great. 

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: 612
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Still waiting on clear to close!

when did you get your last update from the lender?

maybe there isn't anything to update?!?!?!?

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 7
jprose5
Established Member

I did just get an update, the file went into quality control and they're hoping it comes out today. Not too sure what that means other than it's being audited. I hope they don't come up with more conditions...

What happens if I have to lock in a new rate? Do I fill out more paperwork?

Message 3 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

after my files are ctc, a certain % are randomly  selected for qc audit

never had a qc audit slow me down. (crossing fingers)

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 7
jprose5
Established Member

Well the company I am working with is pretty slow as it is so I am not getting my hopes up. How long does the QC usually take? How often are people denied afterwards?

I'm just getting so stressed. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

mine have always been done within 24 hours. usually 2 - 4 hours.

haven't had anyone denied as a result, so far

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 7
jprose5
Established Member

So last night they told me I needed to add a creditor so I had to give them a copy of my last utility and cell phone bill. This morning I asked what was going on and she basically just said it's still in 2nd level review and that I have to talk to this other guy about my rate lock expiring tomorrow. I don't think they have any idea when I'll be closing and they are giving me little to no information. What usually happens when your rate lock expires? I don't understand how the loan could be approved with conditions, I meet those conditions, and now they're coming up with new conditions?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.