Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting to hear from lender re: GFE questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting to hear from lender re: GFE questions

I have a post from 6/10 that no one has responded to yet (you can read the original here) so I'll give more info in this post and hope that someone will be able to help me out.

What we know as of today:

-DH has about 20 questions about the values put or left out of the GFE 

-he has emailed several times and called about 3 times

-DH emailed last 6 days ago about the questions

-still have not heard a peep from the broker

-we applied for a USDA loan and so DH inquired with another lender and we were told that it's not a good idea (=can't?)  to have 2 loans in the system so we're stuck

What do we do now?  What are our options?  The offer on our house was accepted on  May 31, we received the GFE on June 5 (Fri), DH contacted the lender concerning questions on June 8 (Mon) and we've been in limbo ever since.  We can't sign this thing until we get those questions answered and errors corrected.

Is everyone so backed up that they can't respond to questions?

Should we be more aggressive with the lender re: getting our questions answered?  I can't imagine we can accept the GFE as is with the errors and omissions on there never mind some of the values we have questions about.

Thank you to anyone who can help!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Still waiting to hear from lender re: GFE questions

Call hourly. Visit in person if you can.

The broker isn't acting professionally.

Unfortunately I know nothing about USDA loans and if getting a new broker will confuse the issue,

I applied for FHA this week and got pre-approvals from 4 different LOs so far. No issues here, but again, it isn't USDA.

Message 2 of 4
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

I don't understand why it would be 2 loans? If your LO is not responding, I would dump them and find someone who will. USDA guaranteed loans are basically like FHA loans...a government backed loan.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 3 of 4
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Forgot to add...

GFE's have alot of blank spots on them. The 800's are the important numbers and the estimate should be fairly close to your actual costs.

Can you post the GFE here?

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.