cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Refund for down Payment? Underwriting issue ? Please help!!

tag
stopdrpnro
Valued Member

Re: Student Loan Refund for down Payment? Underwriting issue ? Please help!!

it was  my  understandign from evrything i've read that  if the money was "seasoned" for  60+ days  then you dont have to show where it came from. Had kind of a  simular situation  with my DP  being matress  money. ended up  geting  a 100% loan and didn't  need it  though. check with your LO though...thats what youre paying him for.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan Refund for down Payment? Underwriting issue ? Please help!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Really need an answer for this.....Haven’t gotten a solid answer yet

A student refund of $5000 was deposited in my account on January 2015, and that cash refund is part of my down payment, is that allowed? I already have conditional Approval and I am currently in underwriting. Today (3/11) I submitted the conditions paperwork and in the paperwork, my bank statement of Jan 15, show the student loan refund.

The refund came in to my checking account that also received my W2 Direct deposits. Just to add I make decent income month to month and my loan officer thinks my income is ok but we did not talk of the student loan refund

Is this an issue in manual Underwriting? Anyone with experience dealing with such a situation?  

Here is my situation

Home Location: North Texas DFW, TX

Purchase Price: $205,000 (closing paid by seller - $6433)

Property: New construction - 2722 sq. ft. + garage

Submitted Offer on: 2/04/15

Signed Contract on: 2/08/15

Ernest (Deposit) Money:  $500

Lender Name: DHI Mortgage

Notes about Lender: Great to work with But the sales person at the community is very poor in communication –LO excellent

Type of Loan:  FHA 30 year fixed

Inspection: Not done

Purchase contract addendums: $10,000 worth of upgrades closing paid by seller - $6433

Loan Rate: 3.75% - Locked

Mortgage Commitment Letter: 

Appraisal Ordered: 

Appraisal Scheduled: 

Appraisal Completed: 

Went to underwriting: 03/02/2015

Underwriting Complete: Approved with Conditions.03/08 and  Met condtions 3/11

Final Approval: 
Walk Through: 

Closing Date: Scheduled for 03/31/2015

Are you able to tell me if you were approved. I am in a very similar situation! 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.