Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid Bumps in the road!!!

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Stupid Bumps in the road!!!

how do i know what is being disputed though??? 

idk.png

Like what i have marked in red? ...

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 11 of 18
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@BadCredBen wrote:

how do i know what is being disputed though??? 

idk.png

Like what i have marked in red? ...

Ben

This seems like a simple fix to me.

Nothing is currently in dispute. You have dispute remarks. Looks to me the issue is the dispute remark in the auto loan --- You still owe money on that, and there is a dispute remark. This is the issue.  Do you know which report that specific remark is on? Did you try to dispute those late payments through the CRAs in hope they would come off? That is probably why they want that removed.

If the dispute is resolved, you can easily have these remarksremoved. I did by following Shane's steps in the thread below.

Underwriters aren't FICO or credit scoring experts. They see you owe money. They see you disputed something on that account. They don't know why and it makes them uneasy.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-M...

This thread has phone numbers and specific steps to remove the remarks.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 12 of 18
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Right on, thanks scott! 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first dispute comment does look like something left by a credit bureau.  I say this because it mentions the dispute being resolved.... and then notes that you disagree.  I would definitely call all three bureaus again and tell them that you know nothing is currently in dispute but there is a comment mentioning a previous dispute that needs to be removed.  I have a great direct contact for Equifax if you happen to find out the comment is on your Equifax report.  

It obviously looks like that is a 3 in 1 report so if all three bureaus say there is no comment on your bureau this time around when you make your calls I would recommend pulling your free annual credit reports to find out which one it shows up on and that way you can focus on the bureau and send them a copy/proof of the comment.  Another way to get a free report from the bureaus is to claim that you have had adverse action against you (been denied credit etc) and you can get your reports free that way.  I was able to get all three reports online that way.  This option is not readily available when on the sites... use the search button using the words "adverse action" and you should be able to find your way from there. 

Good Luck.

Message 14 of 18
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Cant get my other annualcreditreport.com yet.....

and i cant figure out how to get the CR online like you speak of.... could you pm me and give me more information? 

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent the info you requesed Ben.  Good Luck!

Message 16 of 18
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@FairCredBen wrote:

Okay.......... so........ was in the middle of getting pre-approved, but i was told that i can not because things are disputed......

I called TU, EX and EQ and none of them say anything is disputed.... so i call my lender back and advise them.... they said they would have to look into it but there are dispute remarks on XXX accounts......

I asked if dispute remarks are the same as an account being in dispute... and they didnt know..... That being said, they are paying some 500 dollars or so through a credit repair agency to get all bad comments/lates/collections removed (most of which i already got off on my own).... thankfully i am not paying for this!!!

That being said, this was started 3/2/2012 and i keep being told to wait until 5/15...... well before it was 5/2 and before that was 4/15 ...... i dont know what to do.... im in contract with this stupid credit repair company......

I try to tell them that i got a letter stating this people agree to delete.... and that i called the credit reporting agencies and they say nothing is disputed..... i get a reply with 

"We are very well aware of what is going on with your credit, we ask that you let us do the work since we have the experience and have hundreds of success stories with our customers, unlike you"

I can honestly say that my blood pressure more then likely spiked due to anger there..... GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Good lord give me patience.....

I'd have gone ape-poop at a comment like that!  I swear.  How mean and rude and stupid.  This is as far as I've read so far, but can't you dump these dopes?

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 17 of 18
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

it is in our contract that i can stop the process at any point and no charges would be made.... but im going to give it a couple more days, let them do their soft pull and then see what they have to say.... they havent done crap but i can almost guarantee they will take credit for it...

I dont mind paying them either, thats not even the issue.... its the customer service i had received....

I left them a note 2 days ago saying that i called the 3 CRA and have some new information if someone would like to talk to me....

And they have yet to call me back or anything..... 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.