Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub- 600 score. 10-20% downpayment

tag
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

Re: Sub- 600 score. 10-20% downpayment

Ok thanks everyone. Renting in Baltimore City is going to suck especially since all the safe areas are 1500 a month. What a waste of money. I will try to boost score in the next 60 days and go from there. If no avail I guess we'll have to wait until after grad school to buy a house Smiley Frustrated

Message 11 of 13
Elcid89
Contributor

@Mrzjbabii wrote:

Ok thanks everyone. Renting in Baltimore City is going to suck especially since all the safe areas are 1500 a month. What a waste of money. I will try to boost score in the next 60 days and go from there. If no avail I guess we'll have to wait until after grad school to buy a house Smiley Frustrated

Agreed. BC is high. You should consider looking into Frederick and Carroll, but all in all, Maryland is an expensive market.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 12 of 13
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

I would have to disagree with RobP.

While it can play a factor it is not always the case. I am a Broker but we do also have in house underwriting since we are a mirtgage banker.

But we also take advantage of different overlay requirents with different lenders when needed too.

Brokers build a history and relationships with many of the UW's they deal with.

Just was bringing out your misconception.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.