Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success Stories with FHA and Low Fico Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success Stories with FHA and Low Fico Score

Hi:

I am applying for an FHA loan, my income is good ($210k) combined, however, my FICO score is really low 550.  I was wondering if any one got approved with such a low score. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
a0034d
New Contributor

Re: Success Stories with FHA and Low Fico Score

I'm not sure about 550 but we purchased a home (using FHA) this year and our scores were something like: 590/620/580. I'm not sure how that 620 got there but we weren't complaining.
My LO said if it would have been lower he could have gotten it approved another way. I think an underwriter would have had to actually look at everything and give us an approval. He said we would have had to put 5%-8% down instead of 3% if we had to go that route.

I'm sure someone else will have a better answer for you. Good luck!!
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Success Stories with FHA and Low Fico Score

Godisable wrote:
Hi:

I am applying for an FHA loan, my income is good ($210k) combined, however, my FICO score is really low 550.  I was wondering if any one got approved with such a low score. 

As long as you have clean credit for 12 months you should be OK.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.