Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions Please

tag
meka1984
Regular Contributor

Suggestions Please

I am looking to purchase a home within the next year. I am still working on my credit; however, I have received over a 100 pt increase since January. I want to make sure that I continue the path that I have established.

My question is: Should I got to a realtor now and let that person guide me through the homebuying process. I am a member of Navy Federal Credit Union and I would like to go through them for the loan but I am open to other options.

Thanks for the feedback in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Suggestions Please

You should attend a first time homebuyer education seminar in your area, this will outline the costs & responsibilies of being a homeowner as well as will let you know about the homebuying process for your area.  A lot of real estate agencies offer these types of classes, or you can go to http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hcs.cfm?weblistaction=summary and find HUD approved counseling agencies (not every single one offers homebuyer education classes, but most will).  You should also have your situation evaluated by a mortgage professional so you know exactly what more (if anything) you need to do in order to qualify for a mortgage.  You can also speak with a real estate agent and get their input too.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.