cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppose to close in 2 days.. Roof contractor to sign off holdup!

tag
Sabrian31487
Regular Contributor

Suppose to close in 2 days.. Roof contractor to sign off holdup!

So just got a message from my lender that he is in touch with the roofing company to get the final sign off that the roof is ok. He says that is the only thing holding me up from final approval but my closing date is on the 22nd.. Have a lot of people received closing costs and final approval at the very last minute .. Please chime in with all your thoughts.. Hoping the rest of this will go smooth and hopefully hear something tomorrow!!
Thanks all
Discover IT 02/2013 (1000.00),Chase Freedom 02/2013 (3000.00),AmEx Blue Cash Everyday 06/2013 (3000.00)
Citi Simplicity 06/2013 (1000.00)
TU FICO - 718 , CK TU - 738 , Credit.com EX - 727, Quizzle.com - 720, CreditSesame.com - 720

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Suppose to close in 2 days.. Roof contractor to sign off holdup!

If its a "used" house this should have been checked with the inspection /apprasal so you should be good to go - however if the roof is NOT in good shape, thats a $10,000 +/- repair just to re-shingle, so it's something you want inspected and it's worth delaying the closting if it's failing. 

If its new construction, should be fine and any possible issues should be under warranty - let alone checked by the building inspector. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.