cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supposed to close on the 20th...help, please!

tag
MYFICOisWACKO2
Contributor

Re: Supposed to close on the 20th...help, please!

@Booner72 wrote:

+1 -- best advice i've read in a week.  Great post, Wacko.

Thank you and I would like to add that I would NOT recommend a PFD by phone.  I did however do all of mine via email and fax.  The search feature is awesome on this site for finding people with personal emails and fax numbers on these collection companies.  Understand you are NOT alone and there are many others that have come to this site and have been in your same shoes.  The resources are endless here.

myFICOisNOTWACKO but MYFICOisWACKO get it?!?
6.18.2011Lender pull:
EX-640 Fair Issac V2/TUClassic 04-658/EQ Beacon 5-741
5.20.2011 myFICO pulls:
TU 789 EQ 727
Closed on home 6/27/2011! 180K 4.625% Thanks myFICO!
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you SO much, Wacko. Simply for my credit situation, this is awesome! Not too sure it's going to help close by the20th, though. Smiley Sad

I wrote four GW's last night...finished after midnight. I sent one via email last night since she sent the paid in full via email.

You guys don't think they will delete over the phone?

Why do you need a Fax number? Do I need written proof that the delete was done for my lender in addition to the Paid in Full letters?

I was just going to stalk the Internet to find their personal, business emails. No?

Thanks for everything!
Message 12 of 14
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Yes your lender will need written proof if that's what you'e doing for a rapid rescore, but if the CO just deletes it then you wouldn't ...I guess it depends.  No one here says to do it over the phone but I've had luck via the phone.    You need a fax # to send the PFD letters to the company if you're not doing mail or email.  If you google "CEO AFNI" or whatever, that could help you find out who runs the company - that's how I find the big man at AFNI.  My other collection (that wasn't medical) was the city for a water bill.  I wrote a stellar letter and got a call a few hours later telling me they wanted to help me (THOUGH they haven't taken it off yet and she wasnt in when I called yesterday" You can find that letter on one of my posts here.  I think it said something like "NEED FEEDBACK" or something.  I'm awful proud of that letter by the way. 

Keep working at it.

PS: If you do the phone route be SUPER SWEET and patient.  Nasty and impatient will get you nowhere.  Flatter the person on the phone, call them by their name, say you're so very sorry to bother them etc etc etc.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 13 of 14
MYFICOisWACKO2
Contributor

over the phone PFD's guarantee NOTHING.  A collector may tell you ANYTHING to get your money.  Once you give it to them it is your word against theirs.  Now I have had some companies flat out tell me if you pay this we will delete BUT even then I would hang up and call right back and talk to someone else to confirm that statement.  Then also, what are you going to do if they tell you NO we don't do that???  Leave it at that?  I recommend NOT...go right to the old fashioned method and write the letter.  I understand the time sensitivity of what you are trying to accomplish remember I was on the verge of losing my contract with my builder cause it took so long (3 months) to get my re-credit qualified.  BUT that was my own fault had I known what I found out the last 45 days of my wait, my loan would have closed 2 months prior.  I had to practice patience and the last 45 days was dreadful!  But just know for every deletion that you have in the pipeline to be removed is a day closer you are to getting the approval needed to close on your home.  YOU WILL GET THERE! 

Warmest Regards,

Wacko

myFICOisNOTWACKO but MYFICOisWACKO get it?!?
6.18.2011Lender pull:
EX-640 Fair Issac V2/TUClassic 04-658/EQ Beacon 5-741
5.20.2011 myFICO pulls:
TU 789 EQ 727
Closed on home 6/27/2011! 180K 4.625% Thanks myFICO!
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.