cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU, EQ, EX- Which one is the mid score?

tag
kashley6405

TU, EQ, EX- Which one is the mid score?

Is there a specific order in credit scores?

For instance, my lender says that she looks at three and then takes the middle score.

Which one is the middle?  I know there are Equifax, TransUnion and Expierian.  Is there a specific order for them or is it just high, middle, and low and everyone's will be different..

Like someone's would be high: TU, mid: EQ low: EX

and someone else's would be high EQ mid: TU low: EX?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Re: TU, EQ, EX- Which one is the mid score?

It's simply the middle score. The credit bureau doesn't matter.

If my scores are 703-714-725....my mid-score is 714, regardless of whether it's Transunion, Equifax, or Experian.

Message 2 of 6
MaRain
Regular Contributor

You are right in that the middle score would vary from person to person (i.e. if my EQ- 599 EX-670 TU-620....TU would be my middle score and yours EQ-640, EX 680, TU-600, your EQ would be the middle score ). To complicate it further, lenders use different scoring models with these being used (varies from lender to lender):

Equifax - Beacon 5 
Experian - Fair Issac Score 2
Transunion - Classic 04

the EQ score that you get from myFICO is Beacon 5

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

My middle score was experian at a 675, TU was almost 700 and EQ was in the 660s.

Message 4 of 6
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Equifax was my middle score.

Message 5 of 6
kashley6405

Ok. Thanks everyone! 

I just saw a significant jump (positive) in my TransUnion score and just wondered how that would affect the rest of my scores across the board.

I have found that with Credit Karma (I know, FAKO) my score that shows on there is 5 points different than what is acutally reported with the lender I have been working with for a mortgage.  She has pulled twice and both times it was 5 points higher.  Seems to be FAIRLY accurate. 

So this morning I check CK again and it took a massive jump, like 36 points.  I have been desperatly trying to work on my credit and recently paid down my credit utilization to 49% (down from 67% with one card at 100% util, now that card is at 46%) but those shouldnt have reported until the 18th so I dont know why the jump happened. 

Not complainaing, just confused! 

I do know that I settled a debt back in December with a credit card company and they closed my account.  I took a bit of a hit from it so maybe it is rebounding?  I just needed 2 points to qualfy for my loan I am trying to get but I seem to have gotten it... even if it isnt the exact number she will see when she runs again, it has been so close in the past that I feel like I may have gotten well above those two points I needed.

We arent going to pull again until the 22nd to be sure and give the credit card time to reflect the new balance (I called to find the date they report and if they report a balance.. the 18th is when they report and yes, they report a balance)... fingers crossed it may even get higher before then! 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.