Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Funded? Am I safe?

tag
m29
Regular Contributor

Table Funded? Am I safe?

Hi all, we closed on our home yesterday Smiley Happy and was just wondering about something!

I actually seen the check from the bank that was handed over to my lawyer, does that mean we are totally funded at this point?

Is it safe for me to use/and or apply for new credit at this time, am I safe from any after closing issues that I have read on some posts that could possibly screw up the mortgage at this point?

Starting Score: 8/30/11 EQ 520 TU98 593
Current Score: LO Pull 3/5/12 EQ 659 TU04 652 EX 649
LO Pull 5/26/12 EQ 656 TU04 668 EX 651
Goal Score: 700 by 12/30/12

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Re: Table Funded? Am I safe?

Congratulations!!  I would say yes, but you may want to call escrow to see if you have been recorded!! Whoo Hoo!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Message 2 of 5
m29
Regular Contributor

Thanks Catacam!! I am pretty sure that I heard the lawyer say because of a delay in Fedexing the papers that it would probably will not get recorded til monday!! But I did see the check change hands for the funding!

Well I hope I did not make a huge mistake, because I did apply for a new card already!

I am still in a rebuilding phase and really wanted to be able to trash my secured Cap1 card because it has an annual fee and I also want to refinance my vehicle (I am waiting til next month when the inquiries from this loan hit the 1 year mark!!)

I thought all of my stress was over after we signed all the papers yesterday, but now I guess I have given myself a new reason to be stressing out!

Message 3 of 5
namvet
Established Contributor

@m29 wrote:

Hi all, we closed on our home yesterday Smiley Happy and was just wondering about something!

I actually seen the check from the bank that was handed over to my lawyer, does that mean we are totally funded at this point?

Is it safe for me to use/and or apply for new credit at this time, am I safe from any after closing issues that I have read on some posts that could possibly screw up the mortgage at this point?

Looks good to me.  As long as the seller has closed and you have closed and a check has been cut IMO you have funded.  I don't see any issues that would prevent you from using your credit or making app for new credit.  

Message 4 of 5
m29
Regular Contributor

@namvet wrote:

Looks good to me.  As long as the seller has closed and you have closed and a check has been cut IMO you have funded.  I don't see any issues that would prevent you from using your credit or making app for new credit.  

Thanks namvet, I truly hope you are correct!!! But I am determined not to stress about it any longer! What ever will be will be, I can't change anything now!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.