Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking over a mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Taking over a mortgage

Ok, me and my wife have been trying to buy a home my sister owns, she is moving away and the homw is perfect for our family. The home appraised at over $200,000. She only owes $71,000 on the home. We are having trouble getting approved for a mortgage which i knew we would, weve been working on getting our credit back up but were not quite there yet.She has given us two option, purchase the home for $160,000 which is a great deal, the house is only 5 yrs old. Or take over her mortgage. Now ive been reading on here about assumptions and other ways to do that. But if we have to be qualified for that with our credit it wont happen just yet. Is there any thing else we can do? With the amount she owes on the home which is very low campared to what the home is worth, is there any other options we have her...desperate for help.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Taking over a mortgage

I don't know how it works but my sister is doing it. She got the seller to hold the mortgage (not the bank) and she has 24 months to refinance to bank financing.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Taking over a mortgage

What's going on with your credit?  Can she rent it to you while you work on your credit?  Depending on what's holding your scores down you could have them up in a couple months with some work.  Check out the Rebuilding Your Credit board.  Lots of good info there.
Message Edited by rmily on 04-29-2009 06:34 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.