Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Debit Card...in Escrow

tag
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

Re: Target Debit Card...in Escrow

Not being able to shop has been a pain BUT...it has been a great excuse to get the furniture sales people to leave me alone and just let me look.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all...it was just a small table ($70) that i needed now but i went ahead and purchased it without the target debit card. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 16
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@mynameainttracy wrote:

Not being able to shop has been a pain BUT...it has been a great excuse to get the furniture sales people to leave me alone and just let me look.

Hahahaha! Soooo true!!  

Message 13 of 16
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So y'all not gonna let him buy a flat screen?

Cat Tongue

Mortgage > everything else financially; the 5% discount will be available after the loan is funded and keys are in hand... it's not going anywhere.

+a million times!

I could be missing out on all sorts of deals for my new house, but until the keys are in my little hands, there will be no shopping, no applying/signing up for stuff, none-a-that.

Haha, well to laugh at myself a bit:

I've never really spent much but I've never really cared out much I spent either: when I needed (or to be fair, wanted) something I bought it... until starting this quest for a mortgage.  When I needed a new pair of shoes as an example, I went out and got one; however, now stuck with an unrepairable casual work shoe I'm torn between replacing them and rationalizing nobody really cares in my office, shabby shoes are OK for now.

Figured I'd have all sorts of unintended consequences in my life from getting a mortgage, but I wasn't expecting this one Smiley Happy.

I'm finding the same! My willingness to spend money has changed, and what I look at spending my money on has changed as well. Gone are the days of shopping sprees at the Chanel counter or buying anything I liked at Nordstrom. Now I'm stalking online for backsplash and home decor, but still not willing to spend on it! 

Message 14 of 16
Lemmus
Established Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:
I'm finding the same! My willingness to spend money has changed, and what I look at spending my money on has changed as well. Gone are the days of shopping sprees at the Chanel counter or buying anything I liked at Nordstrom. Now I'm stalking online for backsplash and home decor, but still not willing to spend on it! 

Smiley Very Happy•º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º•Smiley Very Happy•º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º•Smiley Very Happy•º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º•Smiley Very Happy

...Walmart had a special $648 for a new 65" Visio Smart LED HDTV! ...trust me, THAT took some willpower to resist! Smiley Sad

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 15 of 16
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Late response but the Target Debit Card isn't a soft or hard pull.  It isn't considered a new tradeline whatsoever!!!  It is tied to your bank account after verification with a voided check.  It allows you to use it as a debit card in Target Stores and receive the 5% discount but is in no way a new line of credit.  It appears on your checking account as a Target transaction as if you used your banking debit card.  It's great that you showed restraint, as one should NEVER APPLY FOR NEW CREDIT IN WHILE IN THE MORTGAGE PROCESS....just my honest opinion.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.