Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Returns/Owed Taxes and Mortgage

tag
turts14
Regular Contributor

Tax Returns/Owed Taxes and Mortgage

My questions are do I need two years full tax returns or one year?  My convern is my 2011 tax returns have a owed amount that I am paying on now but my 2012 I will recieve a refund.  Most likely will go to the unpaid 2011 portion.  I have been told in some cases I only need my last two years W2 and most recent tax returns.  

What is the best opiton for me given this situation.  I don't want this to hold anything up 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tax Returns/Owed Taxes and Mortgage

I applied the begging of the year March 2012, that being said MB requested 2009,2010,2011 W2's and tax returns.  Most Lenders only require two years only.

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 2 of 3
vlaw1084
Contributor

Re: Tax Returns/Owed Taxes and Mortgage

When we closed we were required to provide 2 years of W2's and 2 years Tax Returns The Lender will request the transcripts to make sure your stated income was reported.  It should not matter much if you owed and are making payments on 2011 as long as you are not in caivers, you should be good to go.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.