Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Transcripts and extension question. What if we anticipate owing the IRS

tag
Monkeygirl531
Established Member

Tax Transcripts and extension question. What if we anticipate owing the IRS

Hello, I have a very important question and havnt been able to find any answers online. My spouse and I are applying for a mortgage loan in the upcoming week. Since we are both self employed we need to provide our tax returns for the past two years. The problem is we filed an extension back in April. I asked several banks they said its fine and we can just use our 2009 and 2010 tax returns along with our 2011 1099 Misc and proof our extension was granted. That's all fine for me, but we also anticipate owing the IRS as much as 15K when we file in Oct since we did not pay enough estimated taxes. We actually would be able to come up with that 15K by Oct when we file but we're afraid the lender will find out about this and force us to pay it off now. So my question is, first will the mortgage lender somehow be able to find out that we may owe taxes? And if they do find out and asked the balance to be paid off before they can give us a mortgage, Can someone else like our parents help us pay it off? Since if we use the funds in our bank account to pay it off we will not have enough for the Down Payment. Thanks
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Monkeygirl531
Established Member

Anyone with any experience in this?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.