Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taylor, Bean and Whitaker

tag
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

Taylor, Bean and Whitaker

Has anyone had any dealings with the mortgage company or ever heard of them or their reputation?

Hearts

I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Taylor, Bean and Whitaker

Top notch company

Shane the mortgage man sells a lot of loans to them.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 18
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Yeah they are really easy to work with.  We are permitted to discuss your loan with underwriting (whereas quite a few lenders do not let anyone speak to the underwriter), their online system is easy to use as you only work with electronic documents (versus having a huge folder of papers), they do overnight rate lock protection (where you can lock your loan at 1AM if you want, provided your loan officer is working then), and their rates are usually very competitive.  They often do favors with getting particular conditions reviewed quickly, or docs out for a closing that needs to be moved up, etc.  Is your mortgage broker going with them?
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 18
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

They are our current lender and though I am not on the loan with dh/dd, they do talk with me.  I just wondered if anyone had any experiences with them if their loan went into default, how were they treated and did they try to work with them.

Hearts

I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 4 of 18
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

I couldn't answer that, but like you've experienced, their customer service should respond well to your request and work with you.  There is another forum at http://www.loansafe.org/forum/index.php which exclusively discusses foreclosure prevention and loan modification situations.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you reach them. They arent answering their phones and cant log on to their website
Message 6 of 18
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How do you reach them. They arent answering their phones and cant log on to their website

How do you reach who, Taylor Bean & Whitaker or LoanSafe?  You can't reach Taylor Bean & Whitaker directly unless you already have a loan with them and then you can call them for servicing questions, if you want a new mortgage loan through them you need to go through a mortgage broker such as I.

LoanSafe.org is just a website, I don't think they answer phone calls, although the guy who runs the website (Moe) has his own company that specializes in loan modification/foreclosure prevention.

Message 7 of 18
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

@Myhearts wrote:

They are our current lender and though I am not on the loan with dh/dd, they do talk with me.  I just wondered if anyone had any experiences with them if their loan went into default, how were they treated and did they try to work with them.

Hearts

Keep trying -

Here is their contact info

Taylor Bean & Whitaker's Contact Information

Web Site: taylorbean.com Phone: 888-225-2164 Address: 101 NE 2nd St
Ocala FL 34470

ask for the loss mitigation department

Good Luck they are a great lender but I dont know or havent heard anything about their servicing policies in regards to possible foreclosures.

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called their 1-888-225-2164 number and was on hold for an hour and a half. Then I got somebody who told me my that my loan was given to another bank I never heard of. I originally called them because on my bank statement they took out more than what was due and I wanted to know why. I still don't know why. I found out about the multi-state lawsuit on-line when I was looking for TBW's phone number. When I got home from work I found out all about the other lawsuits. I have nothing but trouble with TBW and the customer service there was awful. I"m on the equity accelerator program where my loan was supposed to be paid off faster however on my monthly statement's it wasn't going down very much. They over paid my property taxes and I had to fight to get that fixed. They expected me to fix all their mistakes. I never did get my monthly statement for August. I don't know why they took more out of my bank account for July and August. They didn't bother to tell me, in the past they always sent me a letter 2 weeks before the next payment was due. My interest rate is supposed to be fixed so I don't know why they took more my July statement has the same amount as the June statement. Now I won't be able to find out probably for a week or longer. Not until the new company has a chance to enter my info into their computer system.
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I called their 1-888-225-2164 number and was on hold for an hour and a half. Then I got somebody who told me my that my loan was given to another bank I never heard of. I originally called them because on my bank statement they took out more than what was due and I wanted to know why. I still don't know why. I found out about the multi-state lawsuit on-line when I was looking for TBW's phone number. When I got home from work I found out all about the other lawsuits. I have nothing but trouble with TBW and the customer service there was awful. I"m on the equity accelerator program where my loan was supposed to be paid off faster however on my monthly statement's it wasn't going down very much. They over paid my property taxes and I had to fight to get that fixed. They expected me to fix all their mistakes. I never did get my monthly statement for August. I don't know why they took more out of my bank account for July and August. They didn't bother to tell me, in the past they always sent me a letter 2 weeks before the next payment was due. My interest rate is supposed to be fixed so I don't know why they took more my July statement has the same amount as the June statement. Now I won't be able to find out probably for a week or longer. Not until the new company has a chance to enter my info into their computer system.

They are out of business...closed by the feds from what I have read and Bank of America is taking over their loans. As for why they took out more for your payment, they did that to us too and finally the explanation was that the escrow was going up due to a property tax increase. Good luck findingout anything else as TB&W always had the worst customer service on the planet. I hope BOA is better although I have my stories with them too. They used to be my bank and had all of my accounts but they took fees out they were not supposed to and would not refund me so I walked. Also, they bought a credit card I had with MBNA a while back and have been pretty good with that I have to say but we shall see on the mortgage.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.