cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell Us how much $$$ you had in the bank when you applied for USDA-Guarenteed??

tag
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

Re: Tell Us how much $$$ you had in the bank when you applied for USDA-Guarenteed??

Awesome thanks!  I hope my credit union will do that for me quickly as you say...they are a bit behind the ball sometimes...but good to know!!!!

Thanks!

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 11 of 18
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

Re: Tell Us how much $$$ you had in the bank when you applied for USDA-Guarenteed??

Ours is a local credit union too - only 3 branches total.  They did it in minutes.  I'm sure you won't be the first to ask.

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 12 of 18
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Rule of thumb have at least 5% of closing costs already in your account.  If I had only known.  Me and my hubby are on borderline.  about $5K by the time closing hits.

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 18
WillF360
Regular Contributor

When I applied, I had approximately $1800 in the bank account. On the 2 months of statements, the "balance" showed $781, which was because my pay went in the following day. 

Was notified today that I needed to show $1249 in the account, which I pulled up my statement and sent it over.  We have it in there.  She said we may not need that much, but since my homeowner's quote was more than what we were hoping it'd be, I had to have more $$$ down. 

Regardless, USDA has my file now, and hopefully we'll be getting the clear to close within a few days!

In the Garden since 9/15/13... Goal Date 4/15/14 (WISH ME LUCK)
Closed on First Home 9/13/2013: USDA RURAL HOUSING
Lender Pull 7/25- EQ 673, EX 693, TU 670
Credit Card Approvals: 9/15- Discover It $4500; Chase Freedom $3500; Amex Blue $5000
Goal Score: 720 | Starting Scores (2/12): EQ 493, EX 521, TU 463
Message 14 of 18
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

Interesting, looks like it is a case by case basis, but definately the cash needs to be there.  I will have it when I apply.  Same scenario I do not get paid until a couple of day prior to applying so my account shows less $$. 

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 15 of 18
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

Keep in mind the type of loan you get determines what you need in the bank. USDA is no money down and no reserves and if you can get the seller to pay closing you need even less, I have had people on the board who closed recently say not only did they not have to come up with ANY money but they got $444 back at close! I have also heard people with 20% of the purchase price in reserves was denied by USDA because they had the funds to go FHA (which my LO said is 3.5% down) or conventional. So USDA is they way to go if you don't have much in reserves and you can find a house within their qualifying areas! Good Luck Smiley Happy

Sent to USDA on August 14th 2013 Approved September 5th CLOSED September 9th!!!!!
Message 16 of 18
jadeite788
Established Contributor

@Lemontwist4 wrote:

Keep in mind the type of loan you get determines what you need in the bank. USDA is no money down and no reserves and if you can get the seller to pay closing you need even less, I have had people on the board who closed recently say not only did they not have to come up with ANY money but they got $444 back at close! I have also heard people with 20% of the purchase price in reserves was denied by USDA because they had the funds to go FHA (which my LO said is 3.5% down) or conventional. So USDA is they way to go if you don't have much in reserves and you can find a house within their qualifying areas! Good Luck Smiley Happy

Thats the thing, we got our seller to pay 3% closing costs, and we were still short.  I thought I had closing costs paid, and nothing coming out of pocket., but I also didnt anticipate prepaid expenses. 

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 18
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

We have our sellers paying 4% and have it worded to include prepaids our First years insurance is rolled into the loan I know this varies by state but USDA does allow it. If you don't word it to include prepaids you can't use it for any prepaid expenses.
Sent to USDA on August 14th 2013 Approved September 5th CLOSED September 9th!!!!!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.