Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrified of Underwriting!

tag
SheMis
Established Member

Terrified of Underwriting!

I am relieved to finally have my file submitted to underwriting, but I am terrified at the same time. I am the only applicant with mid score is 673, history BK 3 yrs ago, 2 new open lines of credit, 5 total lines of credit with positive history since BK, DTI 34% with new mortgage, and basic taxes & income.  The FHA apprasial came in at offering price and there were no need for repairs. I have worked with my LO for some time and have confidence in him, but still I am worried that he may have missed something. 

I am wondering if anyone can give me some info on reasons for denial after a DU pre-approval (other than the obvious of not taking on new debt, managing banking accounts appropriately, not changing jobs, ect). I am also wondering what info could be requested as conditions other than the usual. Also, can anyone tell me why a BK schedules are requested and what it is reviewed for? Not that it is a big deal, but why would it  be needed if they have the discharge paperwork?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Terrified of Underwriting!

BK schedules are requesting to review the debts that were included in the BK.  Often times a credit report doesn't show everything that was included in BK.  Perhaps there was a mortgage included, then what happened to that home would be needed to be known.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 5
SheMis
Established Member

That makes sense. Thanks Shane. No home was included so that wouldn't be an issue. I know my report shows only a few things that were included b/c a lot was med expenses, ect. Could that be an potential issue?

Message 3 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Nah wouldn't be an issue, a lot of BK's just have medical debts that just didn't go to collections yet at that point.  Since you are terrified I'll leave out the 1000's of reasons your loan can be denied after getting an automated underwriting approval, however the chances of 1 of those 1000's of items happening is very miniscule as long as your loan officer was thorough. 

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 5
SheMis
Established Member

You're right; probably best to leave out the 1000's of reasons. Thanks again Shane

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.