cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrified of the underwriter.....

tag
humpherndon

Terrified of the underwriter.....

I'm just nervous I guess, but I applied for a mortgage loan and got 10-12 pre approvals, even though my credit is not stellar.  I then put the wheels in motion, was sent an approval letter, found a house, made an offer, then got a contract.  I also paid the $1000.00 in earnest money, $295.00 for the home inspection, and even more money next week when the VA inspection, appraisal, and termite inspection are done.  I had four items on my credit, two of which I knew about due to a cosigning fiasco 6 years ago for one and 4 years ago for the other.  The other two I didn't know about but I was able to clear up here locally this week.  My question is would a lender still push the loan forward to the underwriter if he/she didn't believe it would go through, all the while paying even more fees I can't get back??  I was upfront when we first started all this and I probably asked him 15 times if he was sure I was approved because I honestly had my doubts.  His response overtime was yes, and to start looking.  Can someone ease my mind??  I've never bought a house before and I am terrified....Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
trdmlc
New Contributor

Re: Terrified of the underwriter.....

You sound a lot like me! 

I'm in the same situation...preapproval, despite some credit issues, and nervous about underwriting.  From everything I've read, if you've got a good LO, who has done his homework on your file, then you should be good.  The way I look at it, it's in the underwriter's hands now, so I just have to remember to breathe and hope for the best.

Starting Score LENDER PULLS (02/23/10): 587 (TU) 554 (EQ) 562 (EX)
Current Score LENDER PULLS (07/02/10): 651 (TU) 645 (EQ) 669 (EX)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Re: Terrified of the underwriter.....

I went though the process three years ago with E Loan.  I too was nervous, this being my first home, it was an online pre-approval and I had some credit issues.  .  I just gave them whatever they requested.  My loan officer was great.  Everything was done mostly by emails and faxes.  So, as you suggested with a good LO, breathe and hope for the best.  

Keep us posted.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.